American Fast Freight’s offices and freight terminals in Fairbanks, Kodiak and Kenai-Soldotna, Alaska, and in Fife, Washington, will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 26 and 27. The Anchorage office and freight terminal will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26; however, it will operate with a skeleton crew on Friday, Nov. 27.
AFF American Relocation Services will be open with limited staff on Friday, Nov. 27; AFF Distribution Services will be closed both on Thursday and Friday, Nov. 26 and 27.
· Northbound: There will be one sailing by Matson and one sailing by Tote the week of Thanksgiving from the Port of Tacoma to the Port of Anchorage. To ensure that your cargo moves Northbound the week of Thanksgiving, we recommend that cargo be delivered to AFF Fife, WA by 12PM (Noon), Wed November 25th. We will make every effort to move cargo after this cut-off, but we cannot ensure that it will move if the cargo arrives after that time. We will be utilizing a first come first served process for cargo arriving after the cut off. Any hazardous materials shipments scheduled for this single voyage must be at AFF by 12 p.m. (noon) on Wed, Nov. 25th, to make this sailing.
· Southbound: There will be two sailings leaving the Port of Anchorage southbound to the Port of Tacoma during the week of Thanksgiving — on Tuesday, Nov. 24, and Sunday, Nov. 29. Tuesday’s vessel will discharge cargo in Tacoma on the evening of Wed, Dec 2. Sunday’s sailing will discharge cargo in Tacoma on the evening of Friday, Dec. 4 (5-day transit). There will only be one sailing leaving the Port of Anchorage southbound to the Port of Tacoma during the week following Thanksgiving, departing on Sun, Dec. 6. Cargo discharge in Tacoma from that sailing will be on Wed, Dec. 9 (3-day transit).
The Carson, San Leandro, Honolulu and Fife offices and freight terminals of Hawaiian Ocean Transport will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26. There will be skeleton crews available on Friday, Nov. 27. Please contact the necessary terminal to make special arrangements.
· Westbound from Long Beach: There will be two sailings during Thanksgiving week from the Port of Long Beach to Port of Honolulu. There will be no change in vessel departures and arrivals. The cut-off for receipt of cargo for the Wednesday departure will be 5 p.m. Monday, Nov, 23. The cut-off for receipt of cargo for the Saturday vessel departure will be 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
The port of Honolulu will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, so any deliveries normally scheduled for Thursday will be made on Friday.
· Westbound from Oakland: There will be two sailings during Thanksgiving week from the Port of Oakland to the Port of Honolulu. The cut-off for receipt of cargo for the Tuesday departure will be 12 p.m. (noon) on Mon. Nov 23. The cut-off for receipt of cargo for the weekend vessel departure will be 12 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 24.
· Westbound from Seattle: And there will be the normal weekend sailing out of Seattle. Cut-off for receipt of cargo in Fife will be 12 p.m. (noon), Wed, Nov. 25.
The Jacksonville offices and freight terminals of Caribbean Shipping Services will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26.
· Southbound from Jacksonville: There will be a normal sailing out of Jacksonville. Cut-off for receipt of cargo in Jacksonville will be 12 p.m. (noon), Wed, Nov. 25.