*** We have just been notified by our carrier partner Matson of a delay due to severe weather. Please see their official communication below ***
Dear Valued Customers,
Please be advised that Matson Kodiak encountered strong winds and heavy seas during its return from Dutch Harbor. As a result, its arrival and subsequent departure from Tacoma will be delayed. The vessel is expected to arrive in Tacoma this evening and we will begin cargo operations immediately upon arrival. Operations will continue throughout the night, with departure planned for tomorrow morning.
Based on the current weather outlook, we anticipate arrival in Anchorage on Sunday afternoon, February 4, with cargo operations commencing immediately. The gatehouse will be open throughout the evening as needed. Our Anchorage team will coordinate closely with customers to ensure that cargo is delivered as quickly as possible upon discharge.
MKD068 will call on Kodiak prior to returning to Tacoma for the vessel’s Friday, February 9 sailing.
If you have any issues or concerns please reach out to your Transportation Consultant or call Customer Service at (800) 642-6664.